To ensure that each visitor to any of our websites, domains and subdomains can use and navigate effectively, we collect the following data:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet;
- Your login information, browser type and version, time zone configuration, browser plug-in types and versions;
- Information about your visit, including the sequence of Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clicked on our website;
- In the case of “external hyperlinks,” the links indicated as “links” lead to external sites and open in a new window. Altis Hotels Group is not responsible for the content on these pages, nor for their current status.
This framework on our website may include links to other websites for which we are not responsible and the User should consult their privacy policies.
Cookies are small files that are saved on the customer’s computer and serve only to identify the computer that is accessing the website. These files do not contain any personal information.
Cookies generally have a limited duration in time.
Thanks to cookies, it is possible for the Altis Hotels Group to recognise duly registered customers, provided they use the same equipment and browser, without them having to register on each visit to access the areas and services reserved exclusively for them.
You are free to reject our cookies if your browser allows it, but doing so may jeopardise the full functionality of the websites you use.
Our system respects the Do Not Track option set in visitors’ browsers. If you do not want to contribute anonymised information about how you browse the site to our Web Analytics tool, please check the options available in the next paragraph:
- Notwithstanding the anonymous information collected and processed on our Web platform, technical information about your visit(s) may be collected by the technological infrastructure that supports the system. Altis Hotels Group does not share this information with third parties, except for legal requirements imposed by current legislation (meaning this information may be shared with competent public authorities in compliance with Portuguese and European laws).
Under the terms of Law no. 41/2004 of 18 August, the storage of information and the possibility of accessing the information stored on a user’s terminal equipment (namely through cookies) are only carried out by the Altis Hotels Group if the user has given their prior and express consent to the installation of cookies on their equipment.
Cookies can be blocked and/or disabled using your browser settings or add-ons.
See your browser documentation for more information.
What Cookies do we use?
Permanent cookies – these are cookies that are stored at the browser level on the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you make a new visit to one of the Altis Hotels Group websites. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user’s interests, allowing a more personalised service to be provided.
Session cookies – are temporary cookies that remain in the browser’s cookie file until you leave the website, log out of the session, or clear cookies. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyse web traffic patterns, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – Allow you to navigate the website and use its applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the requested services cannot be provided.
- Analytical Cookies – Used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics to improve the website’s functionality.
- Functionality Cookies – Store user preferences regarding the use of the site, so that the site does not need to be reconfigured every time you visit.
- Performance Cookies – Performance cookies are defined as cookies that allow the analysis of data that can be used to improve the website’s experience and performance. There are many analytical tools out there that performance cookies can be classified as. However, this may vary by geographical (and legal) region, and even by country.
- Third-Party Cookies – Measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising. They can also be used to personalize a widget with user data.
- Advertising Cookies – Target advertising based on each user’s interests, directing advertising campaigns according to users’ preferences, and limiting the number of times you see the ad. This helps measure advertising effectiveness and the website’s success.
- Social Media / Remarketing Cookies – These cookies allow the presentation of personalized ads through social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, or others, and Google, optimizing the experience based on previous visits to our websites.
How to deactivate a Cookie
How to set cookies in the main browsers.